Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Not My Problem

"Not my problem." 

This has been my mantra of late at work. Yes, it's a terrible attitude to have and I really don't enjoy not caring as it's not natural to my personality. However, I'm just done. My give a crap has long been broken and my departure from this job long over due.

When ever my fellow manager or GM present a problem they want fixed I nod and wave but inside I'm thinking "that's not my problem, it's yours. So you fix it because I don't care." 

So how did I get here? What events have brought me to the place of just not caring anymore? Honestly, there are a plethora of reasons each one fit for a blog of it's own so I'll spare you the long drawn out details.

The bottom line is I just don't care anymore. I fake it. I put on a good show at work and in manager meetings. But inside I'm dead to it all. 

While the title of the blog is "Not my problem" the truth is, it is MY problem. I need to take some ownership and fix it. And by fix it I mean quit bitching about it and find another job or just suck it up and quit whining and be happy I have a job. 

Hmmmm. That's not where I intended this blog to go. 

11 comments:

  1. I feel you! My attitude sucks as of late and I'm just so done. I'm sick of being shortstaffed, being called in early, called in on my only day off, the bake shift, everything! I really am looking forward to new opportunities and a more financially secure life for my husband and i. Hang in there! I didn't think the chance I'm getting would ever happen for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy things are moving in the right direction for you! =)

      Delete
  2. Since I became a regular carrier at work, it truly has become not my problem.

    Except when I take 4 days off and no one does their job and I am left cleaning up the mess that is now my problem.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why people can't just do their job? Is it really that hard?

      Delete
  3. Be like everyohe else almost. All managers later on become waiters. Make your money and go home and forget about it. Get out of management. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly have days like that so I understand where you are at.

    I hope you find a way to work throught it and find your "give a damn" again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'll find it soon... at another job! ;)

      Delete
  5. Right there with you man. I feel the squeeze of slow business at times and people trying to push their limits on getting stuff comped or discounted any moment something goes wrong. I have seriously contemplated jumping ship lately also. It's a bold step to take in this industry (and financially fickle times) if you have invested as many years as most have, who consider themselves veterans. Weigh your options and let us know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I"m pretty sure I'll be making a move soon. It's just a matter of finding the right "thing"

      Delete
  6. ugh. same shit here. More responsibilities are put on me, but cannot get a minute of overtime. LIterally, doing work of the management and taking their heat but getting no pay or recognition. I was offered a position elsewhere, but got scared and chickened out.

    ReplyDelete