Sunday, November 25, 2012

This is it

Today marks the end. My last shift as a restaurant manager. (Hopefully for ever but I've learned that's not always the case.) 

It's fitting that my last shift is a closing shift and my new job starts tomorrow at 8:00 AM. I suppose I could have made last night my final shift but then one of the other managers would have lost a day off right after Thanksgiving. Karma should be on my side moving forward since I decided to work today! =)

I'm thankful to be done with this job. It served it's purpose in my life but I know without a doubt it's time to move on. I'll miss most of the people I work with. I had a great staff and enjoyed the time I spent with them. 

Tomorrow starts another chapter in my life and I'm looking forward to it!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you RMR! You sound like the type of manager I wish I had been, and one I would have like to work for! But, in my experience, problems never change, only the people do! Not to jinx you, but look forward to new rants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Going through new doors is always exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you plenty of good luck and great times and plenty of adventures in your new job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! If your new path doesn't work out and you want to continue in the restaurant industry, check out culintro.com and scroll through the job postings!

    ReplyDelete