Friday, November 9, 2012

Black Friday, Black Eye

It really pisses me off that Walmart is going to open at 8:00 PM on Thanksgiving Day. Is that really necessary? Can't we give people 1 day with their families? Is that to much to ask? 

I understand there are some jobs that just don't get a day off. But a Walmart Cashier isn't really one of those jobs. 

What a bunch a greedy bastards at the Walmart Corporate office. I promise you most of those folks will be at home with their families while they let the $7.25 cashier slave over the register on Thanksgiving Day!

What's worse is now Target is planning to open early as well to compete with Walmart. So not only are Walmart workers having to come in on Thanksgiving so are Target workers! 

That is sooooooooo wrong!

I am an ardent supporter of Capitalism but enough is enough! The Greed from these multinational corporations is out of control.  

I urge everyone to NOT shop on Thanksgiving Day! The only way to to tell these companies we don't agree is with our money! We must make it not worthwhile for them to open. 

I remember a time when every business was closed on Thanksgiving Day. I wonder if we can ever get back to that?

2 comments:

  1. I feel for the WM cashiers. If you want greedy bastards, be a WM when they open the doors to the frothing masses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walmart has always been open on Thanksgiving day so their opening is nothing new. Kmart has also done it for over 20 years now. Don't expect to go back. Right now the only day Walmart closes is Christmas. For the record, I have worked for both companies and have never had a problem working on the holidays. It pays double time.

    ReplyDelete